Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Thoughts on Smile

I have been thinking a lot about the song I posted earlier, Smile (originally music by Charlie Chaplin and lyrics by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons , recorded by Michael Jackson in the clip). If one looks at Chaplin and Jackson’s lives, one sees that things didn’t go always as planned. They had a lot of difficult moments. We all go through some kind of difficulties. And sometimes we think what we are going through is the worst possible thing. But if we persevere, we learn something about ourselves, our strength, our character, and find that things are indeed worthwhile and will be ok. I am getting better about doing this with Down syndrome. I can’t imagine not having Quinn here and if Down syndrome has to be part of my life because of Quinn, I will learn how to smile. Right now smiling is getting easier and easier.

-Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment