Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pray Please

Rarely would I ask for this, but this is very important. When I was pregnant with Quinn I met a beautiful family which included a loving mother, Julie, and her perfect baby daughter, Olivia. I held this little girl Olivia in my arms as Quinn was in my belly. Both have the bond of a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. Julie was one of the instrumental people in helping me cope with the diagnosis of Down syndrome while I was pregnant. Olivia attended Quinn's first birthday party. We attended Olivia's dedication day. These two girls are only seven months apart. Although Quinn is only 20 months, I call Olivia her friend.

Today I received an email that Olivia was just diagnosed with leukemia. Tears well up in my eyes as I write this. This is truly a beautiful little girl and such a lovely family. They don't deserve this one bit. Every time I see Julie with Olivia I see nothing but love in her eyes for this little girl. Please keep them in your prayers.

-Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment