Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thank You

"The right to play on any playing field?
You have earned it.
The right to study in any school?
You have earned it.
The right to hold a job?
You have earned it.
The right to be anybody's neighbor?
You have earned it."

-Eunice Kennedy Shriver

I have been meaning to post on this, and just haven't yet. I have thought about it a lot.

But now it is time.

I want to thank you Eunice Kennedy Shriver for all you have done for my daughter. You never met her, but your work has undoubtedly helped enrich her life. Whenever I think about how you dedicated your life's work to making the world a better place for individuals with cognitive disabilities, tears of appreciation well up in my eyes.

God Bless you in heaven, because you certainly deserve being there. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

You are an inspiration to us all. A person will be made a better person by knowing and loving someone who has a cognitive disability.





For a great tribute to Mrs. Shriver, go to this site.

-Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment