Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Screaming Breaks the Silence

I like to get up early in the mornings and do some things in the quiet of the house. Well this morning, right now, I hear Quinn screaming and yelling. Screaming is breaking the silence. This is just so draining and the sad part of it all is that I am not even feeling the brunt of it (as Neal is the one who spends more time listening to the screaming). I can only imagine how this is for him. On the positive side, we didn't see any seizures yesterday. On the negative side, Quinn has developed a bacterial infection in her throat and thrush all within the last week because her immune system is run down from the ACTH. On the positive side, we started the dose for the third week (out of hopefully eight). I wish I put stock in an aspirin company.

-Karyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karyn -
    So sorry that you and Quinn are having to go through all of this. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us...your courage and strength and resolve are inspiring. I continue to lift you both up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete